Re: Ikiwiki backport

Nat Meysenburg <nat@stealthisemail.com> writes:
> I have created a backport of ikiwiki from the version in wheezy
> (3.20120629). Since I'm now using wheezy on my laptop, I wanted the
> version of ikiwiki on my server to match; I figured others might want
> this as well.

I realize I left out a lot of detail in my original post.

First of all, I forgot to mention that I've read the backports
documentation and am happy to look after this for the lifetime of
squeeze.

I also realized (thanks to dkg), that there was also some
packaging messiness, because I had run "dch --bpo" more than once, which
created an unnecessary version number increase.

New files have been uploaded and are available at:

http://nat.mayfirst.org/ikiwiki-squeeze-backport/

I've also added the the output of debdiff for easy comparison:

http://nat.mayfirst.org/ikiwiki-squeeze-backport/ikiwiki_3.20120629~bpo60+1.debdiff.diff

The only change that was made is to the debian/changelog. Everything
else is the same as the wheezy version.

Finally, I have installed the package on a freshly installed squeeze
machine, and set up a wiki as a non-privileged user. Everything seems to
work just fine.

Best,
~~nat