Re: Removal of underscore package from squeeze-backports?

Stuart Prescott <stuart@debian.org> writes:
> Looking at the underscore package in squeeze-backports, it is not possible to
> build it from source using packages in squeeze+squeeze-backports. In
> particular, the "uglifyjs" package (provided by node-uglify in sid) is not in
> squeeze/squeeze-backports.

I modified the package in backports to not compress the *.js files:

underscore (1.1.6-1~bpo60+1) squeeze-backports; urgency=low

  * Rebuild for squeeze-backports.
  * Include uncompressed version of *.js to avoid a build-dependency on
    uglifyjs.

> (squeeze[cow.24639])root@fire:/tmp/buildd/underscore-1.1.6# apt-get build-dep
> underscore
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> E: Build-Depends dependency for underscore cannot be satisfied because the
> package uglifyjs cannot be found

You probably try to get the build-dependencies for a different version
here.

Ansgar