Backporting Davical

Hi,

I'd like to use a more recent version of Davical and it's dependencies
[1] and consequently looked at backports. There is a package in testing
(and experimental), the maintainer also has more recent packages
available for stable.

I'm wondering what would be a good way forward: maintaining a backport
requires slightly more work and Andrew McMillan (the maintainer of
Davical and its required packages) doesn't really have time for that. I
fall in the category of not fit for maintaining and fixing such a backport.

So I'm looking here: is the userbase big enough, anyone else who cares,
maybe a different solution altogether? Note that there *are* more recent
packages for stable, signed by a debian maintainer, but only on his own
website.[2]

a+
kwadronaut

[1] http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/davical