Re: Iceweasel 17.0 problem and solution

Thanks for the info, Axel and Andrei! Very useful to know.

I just noticed that my version 17.0 actually comes from the mozilla.debian.net repo. I got confused because some prerequisite packages were installed from backports.

The version 3.5.16 in Squeeze felt fast enough; I've no experience about 10.0.11 after all.

My current setup on 17.0 with sync set to 0 feels even faster than the original 3.5.16. It may well be that even 3.5.16 suffered from the same "problem" but it didn't bother me so much because the browser was lighter/faster than 17.0 in some other ways.

Mikko