Re: libreoffice-writer: writer unable to open documents

On 18/10/12 09:24, Rene Engelhard wrote:
On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 04:17:56PM +0100, Berni Elbourn wrote:
Sorry for delay coming back. Rats. I can not explain where that
library came from. Replacing with the squeeze version presented no
conflicts:

Of course not. You got it the wrong way:
The conflicts wozuld be against that *non-squeeze* version *in the next
upload of the backport*.
Using the squeeze version is fine and fixes this bug...

No worries. I was just hoping the conflict would reveal why this version got installed. My bad in any case.

I have reverted to OpenOffice for now .. but will make some time to try LibreOffice again soon.

... so you can use LibreOffice. Just don't upgrade to wheezys (or something
inbetween) librdf0.

.. good news is LibreOffice writer is now opening documents again here.

Result! - and huge thanks for the steer.

--
"Confidence is what you have before you understand a problem" - Woody Allen