[bug report] Installing Kernel 3.2 breaks booting on HP DV6-6b92eg laptop

I have set up a pure base debian squeeze with no Desktop or even Laptop-packages (in an earlier attempt I installed those with the same result described further down).

Then I added the backports-address to the sources.list and aptitude installed the kernel 3.2.0 via

"
aptitude -t squeeze-backports install linux-image-3.2.0-0.bpo.2-amd64
"

The process updated initramfs-tools and linux-base.

When I then boot this kernel, it starts normally but as the booting process seems to be finished, it switches like an X11 is installed, although  it isn't, and hangs in a distorted bitmap-picture.

Please correct the problem or help me work around this.