Re: gawk breaks "su-to-root"

Hello Domenico,

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 01:19:45PM +0200, Domenico Cufalo wrote:
> recent upgrade of gawk in squeeze-backports breaks, as in subject,
> "so-to-root".
> I noticed the problem trying to run synaptic.
>
> The output is:
>
> $ su-to-root -X -c /usr/sbin/synaptic
>
> awk: error while loading shared libraries: libsigsegv.so.0: cannot
>
> [...]
>
> Downgrading to squeeze version solves the problem.

I am one of the gawk maintainers. I am surprised by this problem:
libsigsegv.so.0 is part of the libsigsegv0 package, which is a
(pre-)dependency for the new gawk. To help you I will need some
additional information about your system. Can you answer the following
questions:

- What is the architecture of your installation (amd64, i386, ...)?
- How did you install the backport (synaptic, dpkg, apt-get, ...)?
- What is the output of "dpkg -l gawk 'libsigsegv*'" (with the version
  from backports installed)?

Kind regards,

Jeroen Schot