Re: backport request: gimp 2.8, vlc 2.0

On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 10:51 PM, Reinhard Tartler <siretart@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://wiki.tauware.de/~siretart/archive/
>
> deb http://wiki.tauware.de/~siretart/archive/ squeeze-backports main
> deb-src http://wiki.tauware.de/~siretart/archive/ squeeze-backports main
>
> Unofrtunately, I had to disable schroedinger support, which probably
> means that dirac support is missing. Because of lack of dirac samples,
> I didn't test that. Nevertheless, the vlc backport seems to work for
> me in a chroot, but feedback is welcome, espc. if someone has
> reservations about uploading it to squeeze-backports proper.

It seems that a couple of folks did download these packages, but I
haven't received any feedback on them. I've tested these packages in a
chroot and I was able to play a couple of media files here, but I'd
appreciate wider testing. In the mean time, that repo provides now
both i386 and amd64 packages.

--
regards,
    Reinhard