Backport request: python-migrate, buildbot, buildbot-slave

Dear debian-backports,

I am current maintainer of Buildbot (packages are buildbot and
buildbot-slave) which is a great continious integration tool used in
lots of free and open source projects like chromium, memcached,
twisted and lots of others[1]. There is a really old version in
squeeze (0.7.12 which nevertheless does its work) while development
does releases every 3 months and introduced a lot of handy features
all this time. There is a slowly but steady growing auditory using
buildbot in debian[2,3]. There are also some regularily appearing
wishlist bugreports for packaging a new upstream version[4,5].
Considering this I believe buildbot and buildbot-slave is worth
backporting to squeeze.

However buildbot depends on python-migrate >= 0.6.1 which is missing
from squeeze and squeeze-backports, that means in order to backport
buildbot there's a nedd to backport python-migrate(CC'ing its
maintainer). I've found this version dependency only today so the
original package is not updated yet. Current testing package of
python-migrate builds with no modification against squeeze chroot with
backports enabled using cowbuilder. All other tools required by
buildbot (like dh_sphinxdoc from python-sphinx) are already available
in backports.

I'd like to ask you what do you think about it? Would you accept this
package in backports? Shall I backport python-migrate by myself or
should I ask the original maintainer for it?

Currently I'm working on continious building Debian packages of
buildbot 'the right way' and going to implement this on the project
site and integrate with their continious integration process. If you'd
like to see buildbot in action, pleas feel free to browse links from
[1]. Or you may look on what I'm implementing right now on this[6]
page.

 [1]: http://trac.buildbot.net/wiki/SuccessStories
 [2]: http://qa.debian.org/popcon.php?package=buildbot
 [3]: http://qa.debian.org/popcon.php?package=buildbot-slave