A strange problem on ipw2200

Many a time, should I reload the ipw2200 module when Linux booted. It
also happened when the PC resumed from suspend (I've add a script to
/etc/pm/sleep.d to reload the module automatically).

I'm using wicd to manage the wireless network. When Linux booted
successfully, the wicd indicated that the network is connected. But it's
hard to access the network. It was no use reconnecting the wireless,
restarting the wicd daemon or killing wpa-supplicant. I could only
reload ipw2200 in this way:

# modprobe -r ipw2200
# modprobe -i ipw2200

It might be a kernel bug.