Re: Request zabbix backport

On 02/10/2012 08:52 PM, TheLinuxFr wrote:
>   zabbix <http://packages.debian.org/src:zabbix>  (1:1.8.10-1) unstable;
> urgency=low
>
>    * New upstream release (resolves security bug
>      CVE-2011-5027 <http://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2011-5027> mentioned in #652664).
>    * Fixed typo in synopsis (closes: #652723 <http://bugs.debian.org/652723>)
>    * Updated pt_BR.po template (closes: #652880 <http://bugs.debian.org/652880>)
>    * Updated pt.po template (closes: #652923 <http://bugs.debian.org/652923>)
>    * Updated ru.po template (closes: #653210 <http://bugs.debian.org/653210>)
>    * Fixed FTBFS (closes: #655488 <http://bugs.debian.org/655488>)
>    * Checking more thoroughly for an installed Apache in
>      zabbix-frontend-php.postinst to make sure the script does not fail if
>      other 'httpd' than Apache are installed (closes: #647458 <http://bugs.debian.org/647458>)
>    * Fixed XSS security issue (closes: #657193 <http://bugs.debian.org/657193>)
>    * Fixed XSS security issue (closes: #652664 <http://bugs.debian.org/652664>)
>    * Enabled hardened build flags (closes: #656774 <http://bugs.debian.org/656774>)

Hi,

I see absolutely nothing in the above changelog that would deserve a
backport (eg: no new features). I see only bug fixes, which should also
be fixed in Debian Stable ASAP (security fixes), or other bug fixes that
would be good candidates for proposed-updates (typo in synopsis,
#647458, etc.). Backports isn't the security updates repository...

So if there's still *other* differences between 1.8.2-1squeeze2 and
1.8.10-1 that deserves a backport, please list them.

Thomas Goirand (zigo)