Re: mdadm in squeeze-backports uninstallable?

On 10/17/11 20:29, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
On 10/17/2011 05:55 AM, dE . wrote:
On 10/17/11 05:19, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
hey folks--

it looks to me like mdadm in squeeze-backports Depends: initscripts  (>=
2.88dsf-13.3), but  2.88dsf-13.1 is in squeeze, and no other version is
in squeeze-backports.

this appears to make mdadm uninstallable from squeeze-backports.

am i doing something wrong here?  is there some step i should take to
get it working?
How about downgrading?
Downgrading to what?  I was trying to install mdadm from
squeeze-backports because i want features in the newer mdadm (in
particular, the ability to convert between raid10 and raid0).
Downgrading to the squeeze version of mdadm won't get me the features i
want.

	--dkg

You should rethink the definition of 'uninstallable'. :-D