Re: "Automatic" backports

On 09/29/2011 03:01 PM, micah anderson wrote:
On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 10:20:22 +0200, Cyril LAVIER<cyril.lavier@davromaniak.eu>  wrote:

  If people want to use all packages from Debian Testing, they can
  upgrade to Testing, instead of asking for backports.
I just wanted to point out that the above argument doesn't make
sense. Nobody is saying that they want to use all packages from Debian
Testing.
You are right, but I just wanted to exagerate the fact that some people use backports to have a glimpse of Debian Testing (like requesting GNOME3 packages or anything else).

Thanks.

micah

--
Cyril "Davromaniak" Lavier