Re: Bits from the Lintian maintainers

Thorsten Glaser <t.glaser@tarent.de> writes:

> Does this mean we can now have lintian-current with vendor
> profiles for squeeze-backports and lenny-backports-sloppy?

It's unfortunately going to be pretty tricky to do this, since lots and
lots of things change from one release of Debian to the next.  I'm not
sure the Lintian maintainers are going to have the bandwidth to try to
figure out what tags should be included in such a profile.  (Plus,
sometimes checks are dropped entirely because they're made obsolete by the
current unstable, such as when Lintian dropped lots of tags for things now
done by triggers, and maintaining them for backports is tricky.)