Re: Nginx 1.1.0-1 backport

On 08/15/2011 11:07 AM, Vincent Bernat wrote:
OoO Lors  de la  soirée naissante  du samedi 13  août 2011,  vers 18:59,
Cyril Lavier<cyril.lavier@davromaniak.eu>  disait :

Nginx 1.1.0-1 was pushed to testing today, So I made the backport.
It's on debexpo (or mentors, I don't know how to call it now) :
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/n/nginx/nginx_1.1.0-1~bpo60+1.dsc
Maybe somebody could see on reviewing it and uploading it.
I am too late  here, but it is a bit odd to have  a stable backport of a
development  version of nginx.  I see  that you  scheduled to  release a
backport  of 1.0.5  (which is  the  stable version)  but did  not do  it
because 1.1.0 was about to be released in unstable.
Hi.

I chose not to release a 1.0.5 because when I proposed it, the 1.1.0 was just released. And with Kartik (one of the maintainers), we agree to forgo on backporting the 1.0.5.

By the way, I assume I completely failed about this, because I didn't see the 1.1.0 is a development version.

Next time, I will be more prudent when backporting a new version of nginx, as the status is not written in the release version (like a 1.0.0beta) but on the download page.

Thanks.

--
Cyril "Davromaniak" Lavier