Re: Backport of bacula 5.0.3

Kilian Krause schrieb am Tuesday, den 09. August 2011:

> Hi Pietro,
>
> On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 05:04:28PM +0200, Pietro Bertera wrote:
> > I have build a backport of bacula 5.0.3
> >
> > http://www.bertera.it/software/bacula/bacula-backports/
> >
> > If someon can review and upload it on the server it would be nice.
>
> Assuming that means you're willing to step up as "backports maintainer" and look
> after your package, I've just uploaded it.
You shouldn't assume things. Especially not for important packages like
bacula. Did you get in touch with rhonda before (he did the backport in
lenny). There is also the problem that we expect package maintainers in bpo
to be experienced debian packagers, that is the reason why I discourage the
current practice of some DD's to just sponsoring everything that comes by to
backports.

I'll talk to my fellow ftpmaster collegue about this topic.

Alex