Re: Problem with 2.6.38 backport and bnx2 card

On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 04:51:35PM +0200, Neil Williams wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 16:40:03 +0200
> Vincent Maugé <vmauge@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > The 4 juillet 2011 11:35, Vincent Maugé <vmauge@gmail.com> wrotte :
> > >
> > > Please consider backporting firmware-bnx2 from wheezy to enable
> > > Broadcom under 2.6.38 Kernel.
> >
> > Any comments on this request ?
> > Broadcom network card are really common in Dell/HP servers.
>
> Contact the kernel team to see if a backport can be made:
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/f/firmware-nonfree.html
I do not get why he should get a backport of a data package
without any dependencies. The package can be directly
installed by pointing APT to unstable non-free.

--
Julian Andres Klode  - Debian Developer, Ubuntu Member

See http://wiki.debian.org/JulianAndresKlode and http://jak-linux.org/.