Re: Banshee and Gwibber

On Thu, 2 Jun 2011 23:37:25 -0500, Noah wrote in message
<[🔎] BANLkTi=vR486Vi9VFVt2L_GNSORcuMw6Rw@mail.gmail.com>:

> Are there any kind souls that could maybe package the latest Banshee

..is this still a Mono thing that depends on Microsoft .NET patents?

> (2.0.1) and maybe a newer version of Gwibber that actually works?  I
> know Debian is supposed to be stable, but Gwibber won't even connect
> to Twitter because it doesn't support the authorization changes.
>
> Also, for what it is worth, I usually compile the latest version of
> Banshee myself, but I can't figure out how to compile with webkit
> support.  So, the Amazon store doesn't work inside of it.  Also, I
> have attempted to compile Gwibber, but that just didn't work out at
> all.
>
> And, if these never make it into backports, should I just install them
> from testing?

..this would at least keep you safe in patent law's "private use"
and "educational use" clause, patent law is meant to "promote the
arts" by protecting patent holders commercial interest in
recovering his R&D investment and land him a useful profit.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: