Re: Hello, I was wondering if I could contribute Source Package krb5.

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 9:32 AM, Dominic Hargreaves <dom@earth.li> wrote:
On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 09:14:53AM -0500, Mike Mestnik wrote:
> On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 9:03 AM, Dominic Hargreaves <dom@earth.li> wrote:

> > If you can do this and let this list know what changes, if any, are
> > required to backport 1.9+dfsg-1 to squeeze, I'm sure someone will be
> > able to help.
> >
> > I didn't do anything, it just worked.  I'll test to see if these
> packages actually function.
>
> https://www.mikemestnik.net/krb5/
>
> The root CA is here:
> http://www.mikemestnik.net/
>
> sha1 fingerprint=a7:e8:35:88:22:61:df:31:0c:cd:0b:1c:e1:61:6b:ab:b7:a1:59:14

I recommend not putting barriers such as requiring people to trust you
as certification authority in order to deliver this software for
inspection. I note that <http://www.mikemestnik.net/krb5/> appears to
deliever the same data.

I consider Mike Mestnik signed certificates to be equal to any other certificate, it's just that most browsers and operating systems don't include this root CA with the flood of other certificates included by default.

In any case, I suggest that you reply to my post on-list to increase
your chances of your request being picked up -- I can't promise
anything myself in the near future.

Titling your request RFS (Request for Sponsorship) would probably
help.

I'm not feeling well right now, I'm a bit too excited about this all to think clearly.

Cheers,
Dominic.