Fwd: Hello, I was wondering if I could contribute Source Package krb5.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mike Mestnik <cheako@mikemestnik.net>
Date: Wed, May 11, 2011 at 9:14 AM
Subject: Re: Hello, I was wondering if I could contribute Source Package krb5.
To: Dominic Hargreaves <dom@earth.li>

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 9:03 AM, Dominic Hargreaves <dom@earth.li> wrote:
On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 08:11:16AM -0500, Mike Mestnik wrote:
> Hello,
>   My Kerberos deployment is currently down and nonadministratable.
> There is a bug in the Wheeze version 1.8.3 that prevents this package from
> being any use to me.  If the KDC has IPv6 enabled then the software get's
> confused in the most crucial places and is unable to function.  The Lenny
> version 1.6 worked fine with v6 and v4.
>
> I was wondering what it would take to get the related packages
> into back-ports?

Is the implication that 1.9 has this bug fixed?

> My current plan is to fire up a rackspace cloud server to use as a build box
> and generate my own packages.  After this experience I should be able to get
> official backport packages built.

If you can do this and let this list know what changes, if any, are
required to backport 1.9+dfsg-1 to squeeze, I'm sure someone will be
able to help.

I didn't do anything, it just worked.  I'll test to see if these packages actually function.

https://www.mikemestnik.net/krb5/

The root CA is here:
http://www.mikemestnik.net/

sha1 fingerprint=a7:e8:35:88:22:61:df:31:0c:cd:0b:1c:e1:61:6b:ab:b7:a1:59:14