Re: openjdk 7 backport

On Wed, 16 Nov 2011 10:39:34 +0100, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
Hey,

* Cyril Lavier <cyril.lavier@davromaniak.eu> [2011-11-14 18:56:46 CET]:
As Oracle decided to stop the DLJ (Distributor Licence for Java),
Sun-Java can't be distributed by any distribution (or independant
person) in a repository.

So It can't be backported, as it's not on Testing anymore.

 Can you back up that claim somehow?  I still see openjdk-7 both in
testing and also in unstable, and no sign of having it removed?
<http://packages.qa.debian.org/o/openjdk-7.html>

You said Sun-Java (which is the non-free stuff anyway), and I can see that sun-java6 is only in squeeze, but the question was about openjdk,
not about sun-java.

Yes, but I answered to Ville, who asked for sun-java.

For the DLJ stoppage, here is an article about that : http://robilad.livejournal.com/90792.html

Sorry for making this thread deviate.

 Thanks,

Thanks.

Rhonda
Fühlst du dich machtlos, geh raus und mach, los | 23.55: Alles auf Anfang

Cyril "Davromaniak" Lavier