Trac 0.12 backport do squeeze

Dear all,

I would like to have trac 0.12 as a squeeze backport. I already contacted Arthur de Jong (cc), the uploader of trac in current testing. I think that trac qualifies as popular enough for backports. I also volunteer in maintaining the backport and have already subscribed to the BTS system.

Luckily, trac can be packaged and run on a plain squeeze machine without any other adjustments. Arthur has created a branch of the debian files in [1] and already said he could do the upload, the only change is a small log mesage in changelog.

I also ran the unit tests and they ran through except for some PHP highlighting tests. I followed this problem through and it appears to be a problem with Python's os.system() and repetetive calls to it. When the test order is changed then these particular tests run through, and the tests already run through when ran in isolation (not calling the main test driver but only that of tracopt). Also, the original test driver runs through when run on an Ubuntu version, so I guess it is only a problem with some weird side effects of os.system() in squeeze's Python version.

Furthermore, I ran a trac instance and created a wiki page with PHP code on it ({{{#!php\n<?php echo("Hi there!"); ?>'n}}}) and the code was highlighted correctly.

Thus, I think this bug only appears in the unit tests when ran in a particular way and this will (hopefully/probably) be fixed upstream.

Is there anything else I can/should do?

Bests,
Manuel

[1] http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/python-apps/packages/trac/branches/squeeze-backports/