libav/libva for kfreebsd

As you can see in [1], libav FTBFS on kfreebsd because of a missing
libva, which FTBFS in squeeze:

This failure has been fixed in unstable in 1.0.12-2 with this patch:

I'm mainly interested in this issue because I imagine that having a
working mplayer2 package would be appreciated by kfreebsd users. In
order to acheive this, I see the following options:

 a) Upload only the patch for libva to squeeze-backports
 b) Upload libva_1.0.12-2 to squeeze-backports
 c) Upload a libav which disabled libva on kfreebsd to squeeze-updates
 d) do nothing, leaving kfreebsd users in the rain

My personal preference would be a>c>b>d, but I'd be interested in your
opinions. If you agreed that a) would be the way to go, what version
number would be appropriate for this upload?

[1] https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=libav&suite=squeeze-backports

Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4