Re: fglrx-driver / 1:11-4-2~bpo60+1

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 9:51 AM, Patrick Matthäi <pmatthaei@debian.org> wrote:
> Am 19.10.2011 15:37, schrieb Mathieu Malaterre:
>>
>> Dear all,
>>
>>   Quick question, isn't a package backported supposed to work on a
>> debian/stable system ?
>>
>>   I am getting the following error:
>>
>> $ sudo apt-get install fglrx-driver
>> Reading package lists... Done
>> Building dependency tree
>> Reading state information... Done
>> Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
>> requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
>> distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
>> or been moved out of Incoming.
>> The following information may help to resolve the situation:
>>
>> The following packages have unmet dependencies:
>>  fglrx-driver : Depends: xorg-video-abi-6.0
>> E: Broken packages
>
> dpkg -l|grep xorg

-> empty

First time I realize that xorg package are not installed, but
/usr/bin/Xorg is running in the background:

$ ps -ef
root      2020  1986  1 08:50 tty7     00:01:21 /usr/bin/Xorg :0 -br
-verbose -audit 0 -novtswitch -auth
/var/run/gdm3/auth-for-Debian-gdm-9t6N7Q/database -nolisten tcp vt7

I'll try installing all those xorg package to see if this makes any difference

thanks
--
Mathieu