Re: wrong user in icinga-1.4 lenny-sloppy backport

On 21.09.2011 16:55, Alexander Wirt wrote:
Marcus Hanisch schrieb am Wednesday, den 21. September 2011:

Hi List!

there is something wrong with the icinga 1.4 backport for lenny.
Icinga runs as user nagios, and its home dir is /var/lib/nagios,
which is empty. Content is in /var/lib/icinga.

In my opinion icinga should run as user icinga and home should be
/var/lib/icinga, not nagios.
Eh no. Thats wrong. Everthing is exactly as it should be. For all nagios
related software the user nagios is policy together with /var/lib/nagios as
its homedir.

Alex

Hi Alex,

Oh, I did not know that. I was just wondering - Thank you for the clarification! :)

Marcus