Re: Error getting backports indexes

New Ubuntu natty user to the list --

I came to backports because ubuntu's natty repo of mono-related
packages referenced some packages which were not available in their
repo.

I had similar problem to what has been discussed on this list.
Original problem
--
$ sudo apt-get update
Get:4 http://backports.debian.org squeeze-backports InRelease [75.0 kB]

Had problem adding the key to apt-get initially
--
$ gpg --armor --export AED4B06F473041FA| apt-key add -
gpg: no writable keyring found: eof

I got the key, and eventually got it to add (kept forgetting to sudo
on the apt-key command.
--
$ gpg --armor --export AED4B06F473041FA > backport.rsa
$ sudo apt-key add backport.rsa

FINALLY, I got no key errors!

Now, I hope that I can get the backport stuff that I was looking for with mono.

--
Barry Smith
Secure Computer Services