Re: request for valgrind backport

   Hi!

* Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malaterre@gmail.com> [2011-06-24 09:54:49 CEST]:
>   I would like to request a backport for valgrind. Because of bug
> #603961 valgrind in squeeze merely just segfault on PPC32. Eg:
>
> $ valgrind /bin/ls
> [1]    31897 segmentation fault  valgrind /bin/ls

 The segfault of valgrind is directlz related to the new version
available in wheezy and can't get fixed in squeeze? Because actually
this sounds like a bug that should get addressed in stable directly, and
your request doesn't sound like you want to make us of what the newer
valgrind would offer.

 Please speak to the maintainer to get this fixed in stable. Backports
is not the place to avoid to fix bugs in stable and work around them.

 Thanks,
Rhonda