Re: Backports for fglrx and chromium-browser (and two dependencies)

Giuseppe Iuculano schrieb am Sunday, den 19. June 2011:

> On 06/19/2011 03:30 PM, Michael Gilbert wrote:
> > I've prepared squeeze backports for fglrx and chromium-browser (and
> > gyp and libv8 dependencies).  Would anyone be so kind as to review and
> > upload if these look good?
>

>  * allow squeeze's libvpx0 0.9.1 to satisfy dependencies (spot-checked
> some webm videos and they seem to work just fine with this older version).
>

> Don't do this, please. chromium 11 needs libvpx0 >= 0.9.6, see  #618621
*backports-ftpmasterhead on*

for a complex beast like chromium I would prefer to have either the original
maintainer or a really experienced debian developer as maintainer of the
backport.

Probably we would reject the package if we are not sure if the
uploader/maintainer isn't able to handle it.

Alex