About proposing and monitoring backports

Dear all,

First of all, thank you for working on backports, it's a great resource for the Debian community.

I've got a couple of questions about the backporting process in Debian and I can't find the answers on the backports website.

- How are packages proposed to be backported? Should I just drop an email to this list saying "Please backport $package" or is there a better way? - Is there a place where I can look to see what packages the backporters are currently working on, in order to avoid repeated requests for the same packages?

Thanks and keep up the good work!

--
rent0n