Re: How to solve the "Bugs against packages from BPO" problem ?

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 10:49, Thorsten Glaser <t.glaser@tarent.de> wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Jun 2011, Alain Baeckeroot wrote:
>
>> I believe that more than 90% of bugs on bpo also affect "straight" versions
>
> Actually, I believe this is true in both directions.
> Bugs in the testing version usually affect bpo versions,
> and bugs in bpo versions usually apply to the testing
> versions as well.
>
> So I think all bugs should go to both the maintainer
> and uploaders, as well as the backporter(s). (Okay,
> throw your stones now, I know, this is unpopular…)

No throwing, I like the idea. And I like it in general, but I am not
sure if BTS tracks the Uploaders...  that would also help the
sponsored uploads, where the bugs could lay unnoticed for a long
time...

O.
--
Ondřej Surý <ondrej@sury.org>