Re: Bugs against packages from BPO

On 07/06/2011 17:35, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:

> I think you misinterpret these release tags:

No.

> Setting them on a bug means that the bug affects only that specific
> release. It happens though quite regularly that bugs in backports
> aren't backport specific but also affect testing/unstable, and through
> such an approach you would be hiding the bugs from that view.

Yes. But, one can still check and remove those tags when appropriate.
My approach was just to avoid as much as possible to send false bugreports
to the usual maintainer. The reporter can remove those tags if he's sure
that it also applies to testing/unstable.

Thanks for your other answers on debugs.

Regards,

--
Mehdi Dogguy مهدي الدڤي
http://dogguy.org/