Re: Maybe binutils needs a backport

On 05/31/2011 10:59 AM, Cyril LAVIER wrote:
Hi.

This weekend, I tried to update my chromium backport package, but it appears they switched to binutils-gold package.

But the compilation failed during the linking process, as it used all remaining file descriptors, and was unable to free enough to continue linking. Maybe it's because of a leak, or anything else.

By the way, I backported the binutils package suite, and then tried again to compile, and it worked.

So I uploaded the package to mentors : http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/b/binutils/

Frankly, I don't know if it's good to have this in the backports now, but it will be needed when chromium will pass from the unstable to the testing branch, and will be eligible for backport.

Thanks.

Hi.

A new version of binutils is now available in testing, so I worked on a backport.

It's also on mentors, at the same address as below.

Thanks.