Re: Hello, I was wondering if I could contribute Source Package krb5.
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Hello, I was wondering if I could contribute Source Package krb5.
- From: Mike Mestnik <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 09:33:05 -0500
- Message-id: <BANLkTimUwoFauyNzckRQXOEu1uAj=wyemA@mail.gmail.com>
- In-reply-to: <BANLkTimca0HJDWEqaQGubX1tSVKsdJoRDA@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <BANLkTi=TEdiSTJFEpmq3BZDjAS6c5evDzQ@mail.gmail.com> <20110511140304.GQ4371@urchin.earth.li> <BANLkTimca0HJDWEqaQGubX1tSVKsdJoRDA@mail.gmail.com>
On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 9:14 AM, Mike Mestnik <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 9:03 AM, Dominic Hargreaves <email@example.com>
On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 08:11:16AM -0500, Mike Mestnik wrote:Is the implication that 1.9 has this bug fixed?
> My Kerberos deployment is currently down and nonadministratable.
> There is a bug in the Wheeze version 1.8.3 that prevents this package from
> being any use to me. If the KDC has IPv6 enabled then the software get's
> confused in the most crucial places and is unable to function. The Lenny
> version 1.6 worked fine with v6 and v4.
> I was wondering what it would take to get the related packages
> into back-ports?
If you can do this and let this list know what changes, if any, are
> My current plan is to fire up a rackspace cloud server to use as a build box
> and generate my own packages. After this experience I should be able to get
> official backport packages built.
required to backport 1.9+dfsg-1 to squeeze, I'm sure someone will be
able to help.
I didn't do anything, it just worked. I'll test to see if these packages actually function.
The root CA is here:
I'd like any comments on this backport, I didn't do anything to it other then add a change-log entry.
krb5 (1.9+dfsg-1~bpo60+1) squeeze-backports; urgency=low
I think that the log could be more descriptive, like contain closes 624710 and such, but I didn't think this bug could be closed because of backports. At the vary least it should have contained the bug number.
I also thing that I should have changed some other things as the dsc file doesn't contain my information at all.