Re: Kernel 2.6.38 for squeeze

Hi,

I've been testing this today on an Intel DQ67SW Sandy Bridge board with an i5 2500 CPU. There's basically two main reasons for using a newer kernel with this board; AES NI was disabled in 2.6.32 and the NIC (82579LM) is not detected.

Setup: basic install only (no graphical ui) with ssh and samba selected in installer. Full drive encryption with LVM, also set up in installer.

Looking good so far. No weird issues to speak of and both AES NI and the NIC were operational automatically at first boot. Will continue testing, particularly stress testing the NIC as I kept getting memory allocation issues on a different Intel board also using the e1000 driver.