Re: How about a db 5.1.25 backport

Hi Andreas,

that seems like reasonable approach. But generally it would generally
affect only databases which uses transactional environment (the
database format hasn't changes since db 4.2) and that could be also
handled case by case.

F.e. you could also change openldap to save the current bdb version
into a on-disk file and do upgrade if the current format is changed
and not do comparison on debian version. That's what cyrus-imapd-2.*
packages do (see cyrus-common scripts). And I guess the openldap
maintainer could easily accept such patch.

O.

--
Ondřej Surý <ondrej@sury.org>
http://blog.rfc1925.org/