Re: RFS: pidgin 2.7.11-1~bpo60+1

On 03/27/2011 10:17 PM, Giovanni Toraldo wrote:
Il 27/03/2011 15:31, Thomas Goirand ha scritto:
This is an EXTREMELY SLOW server from where I am (4KB/s only). Would you
mind uploading somewhere else, next time? I believe you can also upload
backports to mentors.d.n.

Uh, that's my own Linode VPS in London connected with 100mbits, from
Italy I'm downloading at full speed of my DSL-link (~800 KB/s), maybe
Internet out of Europe is broken ;)

http://dl.gionn.net/band.png

Where are you from?

China.

Linode, in the UK data center, is using Telecity, which itself uses Telia, which itself peers VERY BADLY with China Telecom. There's lots of very bad packet lost. Good *international* bandwidth has a cost, and Linode isn't paying it.

Thanks for your interested in my package.

Bye.

I've very surprised that nobody jumped on the package to upload it to Squeeze Backports. I use Pidgin every day, and it's a very important package for me. Who's your usual sponsor? Isn't he interested in continuing to support you?

Also, why do we need a backport? The normal version in Squeeze seemed alright to me...

If nobody stands, and you make a point to the question above, then I'm ok to sponsor the upload. I'm currently downloading the source package to my development VM...

Thomas