Re: Backport latest kernel (2.6.32-5) not working (for me)

On Jo, 22 iul 10, 23:30:00, Mauro Condarelli wrote:

> I now reverted to stock
>
> and my lsmod includes:
>
> nvidiafb               45568  0
> vgastate               12800  1 nvidiafb
> nvidia               8105072  0
> i2c_core               27936  1 nvidia
>
> I am unsure if this is the proprietary driver or not.

'nvidia' should be the kernel module. Please purge (not remove) any
nvidia (but not nv) packages from your system.

Let's go back to the nouveau module. From previous posts I understand
you were unsuccessful in blacklisting it. Try moving the nouveau.ko file
somewhere else. You might get errors during the boot, but at least
you'll know for sure it isn't loaded.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)