Re: Backport latest kernel (2.6.32-5) not working (for me)

> ==========================
> Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 12:06:48 +0200
> From: Stefan Bauer <stefan.bauer@cubewerk.de>
> CC: backports-users@lists.backports.org
> Subject: Re: Backport latest kernel (2.6.32-5) not working (for
> me)
> ==========================
>
> > See the attached file: I added the last three lines to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist,
> but nouveau is started anyways, as You can see from dmesg.
> >
> > What am I doing wrong??
>
> You need to update your initramfs too. I guess the module is
> there
> as well.

Nice try, Stefan!

You were right, I didn't update my initramfs!

The bad part is after I update it (and checked I *do* have "blacklist nouveau" in it) nothing changes and drm/nouveau is started (and X fails badly).

I am about to install ubuntu.
Any other idea?

Ragards and many thanks.
Mauro