Re: Gnucash segfault after update to iceweasel 3.5.10-1~bpo50+1

Hi!

Am 05.07.2010 21:19, schrieb Micha Lenk:

>>> I'm pondering to prepare a backport of Gnucash 2.2.9 using the
>>> backported libglib. This might solve the problem.
>> Please tell me, if you for some reason can't solve that soon.
> I will not be able to do that before the next weekend. I could try to do
> a backport of Gnucash with the backported libglib on the weekend.

I might have found two solutions for the problem, which would need some
testing.

The first one is a "forwardport", where I just took the current lenny
package and compiled it with the libglib in backports.org. I versioned
it as 2.2.6-3~bpo50+1, but despite the version it's just the 2.2.6-2
package.

The other is a real backport of the current squeeze packages. Versioned
as 2.2.9-6~bpo50+1.

Both approaches seem to work, but as I don't use gnucash myself, I
couldn't to much testing beside "clicking around and see if something
happens".

I uploaded my packages to
http://people.debian.org/~tolimar/tmp/gnucash-backports/, if someone
would like to do some real tests.  As I don't use gnucash myself, I
don't intend to upload them to backports.org myself, but whoever wants
to maintain them, may of course use them to bas his work on them.

Some comments about the real gnucash backport:
* Straight forward backport, I needed to build depend on
libgoffice-0-6-dev and bumped the libglib2.0-dev (one could discuss, if
that should be 2.18 to ensure it's higher than lenny, or 2.22 to get the
version in backports)
* I had some trouble with the libtld-dev build depends on amd64; while
there is a libtools backport available, it hasn't been build on amd64
(tried twice, both times it failed), however when I tried to build the
libtools backport, if compiled without any problems.  Therefore I put
the libtools packages up there, too.

Best regards,
  Alexander