Re: python2.6 backport

Le 05/05/2010 18:59, Daniele Sluijters a écrit :
Hi,

I've been waiting to have some time to get working on a python2.6 backport.
It turns out that for now, as far as I can tell, the python2.6 packages in testing, at least the ones providing python, not extra modules, can install
just fine on lenny. The only thing you need to do is pull libdb4.8 from backports and you're done.

In light of that I'm assuming that for now python2.6 should not be pulled into backports until there are actual changes and dependency differences between the testing and the possible backports package?

I only realised the above thanks to a friend who pointed it out on IRC only after I had created a full build environment and had started building from the .dsc-file. Too bad but at least I've had the exercise and I have an environment ready to package python2.6 should the need arise to maintain a separate backports package.

Hi,

tried to make python2.6 backport, I've this error :

BEGIN pybench static
cd /root/python2.6-2.6.5/build-static \
&& time ./python ../Tools/pybench/pybench.py -f run1.pybench -C 2 -n 5 -w 4
PYBENCH 2.0
* using CPython 2.6.5 (r265:79063, May 6 2010, 19:39:52) [GCC 4.3.2]
* disabled garbage collection
* system check interval set to maximum: 2147483647
* using timer: time.time

Creating benchmark: run1.pybench (rounds=5, warp=4)

Calibrating tests. Please wait...
* Internal Error (use --debug to display the traceback)

real	0m2.262s
user	0m1.720s
sys	0m0.484s
make: *** [stamp-pybench] Error 1
dpkg-buildpackage: failure: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2
debian:~/python2.6-2.6.5#

This is the commands I've used (I use testing python 2.6 package) :

  $ apt-get update
  $ apt-get source python2.6
  $ apt-get build-dep
  $ apt-get build-dep python2.6
  $ cd python2.6-2.6.5/
  $ apt-get install fakeroot
  $ dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -uc -b

What is my mistake ?

I'm wonder if someone have succeeded to build a python 2.6 backport for Lenny ?

Thanks for your help,
Stephane