Re: Suggestion for http://backports.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=contribute improvements

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 04:19:21PM +0100, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> Sandro Tosi schrieb am Wednesday, den 24. March 2010:
> > - # Use “lenny-backports” as distribution, neither “stable” nor “unstable”.
> >   # Append “~bpo${debian_release}+${build_int}” to the version number,
> > e.g. “1.2.3-4” now becomes “1.2.3-4~bpo50+1”, or for native packages,
> > “1.2.3” becomes “1.2.3~bpo50+1”.
> >
> >   can be collapsed into "use dch --bpo".
> This only works with a recent devscripts and will fail if squeeze is out. So
> it can added as a tip, but not standalone. I will add this later.

<devscripts_maintainer_hat style="RFH">

Once Benjamin Drung's release-info scripts get integrated into
devscripts (#566578), dch should be more robust about this.  It's
currently pending a rewrite (that I haven't had time to continue working
on) of the python scripts into a Perl module under the Devscripts
namespace so the various scripts, like dch and the proposed release-info
script itself, can make use of it.

If anyone is motivated to contribute such a patch, I'd be glad to review
it. :)

</devscripts_maintainer_hat>

--
James