Re: Samba 3.4.5 in backports

Quoting Christian PERRIER (bubulle@debian.org):

> I just completed the upload of the 2:3.4.5~dfsg-1~bpo50+1 version of
> the samba package (gee, these version numbers become more and more
> clumsy...).

2:3.4.5~dfsg-1~bpo50+2 was uploaded last days and successfully built
for several architectures. That version doesn't have the dependency
problem reported by many users.

In case people would wonder, samba 3.5.0 was released last
week. However, we uploaded in experimental. The packaging team is
currently discussing options to get 3.5.0 in unstable, but we might
want to delay this at least for Ubuntu to be able to prepare their
next release with the 3.4 series (according to Steve Langasek, their
server team feels that 3.5.* might be "too young" for Lucid (10.04)
which is meant to be a LTS version.

For Debian, things might be different and 3.5.* might be suitable for
squeeze (this is at least my own opinion...Steve may differ)....but we
won't upload it until we're sure this does not interfere with Ubuntu
release plans.