Re: btrfs-tools

Am Montag, 15. Februar 2010 schrieb Sebastian Harl:
> Hi,

Hi Sebastian,

> > > Do you consider the package to be stable enough to be available for
> > > stable (in a rather official/well-known place)? What do other think
> > > about making btrfs stuff available in bpo? If there are no objections,
> > > I'll sponsor the upload.
[...]
> > I do not have a firm oppinion. On one side I would not like to advertise
> > BTRFS as being stable. On the other hand it can come quite handy to have
> > some BTRFS test partition running on an Debian Lenny machine. Make your
> > pick.
>
> I've talked to some people on IRC and the consensus was that anybody
> using BTRFS should be knowing what he/she is doing and that it would be
> fine to upload btrfs-tools to bpo.
>
> nobse told me that Linux 2.6.32 is going to be uploaded to bpo soonish,
> so I'll wait for that before uploading btrfs-tools as well.

Thanks for sponsoring the package.

> Supposedly (according to some people), not much coordination between
> kernel and user space tools is required but please keep in mind to track
> the kernel on bpo to minimize the risk of having incompatible versions
> available.

Ok. Since I test btrfs myself and use custom kernels for our workstations that
I update regularily I should notice incompatible changes.

> PS: You might want to add yourself to Uploaders: -- you can then track
>     the package on your QA page:
>     <http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=ms@teamix.de>

Done and uploaded to:

http://people.teamix.net/~ms/debian/lenny-backports/btrfs-tools/

Ciao,
--
Martin Steigerwald - team(ix) GmbH - http://www.teamix.de
gpg: 19E3 8D42 896F D004 08AC A0CA 1E10 C593 0399 AE90