Tmux 1.3.2 backport

Some time ago, the Tmux backport was bumped from 1.2-4 to 1.3-2. The problem is that while 1.2 ran fine with the Lenny libraries, 1.3 requires a newer libc6 which is a much more radical upgrade, affecting many other packages. More importantly, this newer libc6 version doesn't seem to be in backport itself (not that i would upgrade it, but still).

Is there a specific reason why this was done or necessary? I'm more or less new to the backports system, so forgive me if i'm asking anything stupid.

Thanks,
Olivier.