Re: Re : Re: python 2.6 lenny backport

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 10:02, Anthony Berger <abdeb@gmx.fr> wrote:
> I remove the optional symbol from libpython.symbols
>
> all is fine
>
> the packages are done.
>
> To resume :
>
> python2.6 have :
>
> a buid-depends on blt-dev(>= 2.4z) and
>
> a build-conflicts on tcl8.3-dev, tk8.3-dev, tcl8.4-dev, tk8.4-dev
>
> BUT
>
> the lenny blt-dev package have a dependence on tk8.4-dev tk8.3-dev,
> tcl8.4-dev tcl8.3-dev
>
> so I have backported the blt-dev package too (it depends on tk and tcl 8.5)
>
> I backported the python-sphinx too (the documentation is not generated with
> the lenny version)
>
> So all is on the mentors.debian.net
>
> is it correct ?

how are you planning to use python2.6 on lenny? do you just need the
interpreter and the standard library or you're going to use
third-party modules/extensions? if so, then you'll have to backport
python-defaults and rebuild the modules you'd like to use.

Again, I recall there was already an effor (for kobold?) to backport
2.6, search for that reference.

Regards,