Re: Backporting proftpd 1.3.3 from squeeze

Hi Francesco!

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 06:26:19PM +0200, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 06:15:52PM +0200, Salvatore Bonaccorso wrote:
> > Hi all, hi Francesco
> >
> > I tried to backport proftpd 1.3.3a-1 from squeeze. The resulting
> > source package is on mentors.d.n:
> >
> > 	http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/proftpd-dfsg/
> >
> > or via dget:
> >
> > 	dget -x http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/proftpd-dfsg/proftpd-dfsg_1.3.3a-1~bpo50+1.dsc
> >
> > Could someone review it if possible?
> >
> > Could that be uploaded to lenny-backports?
> >
> > I'm Cc'ing the maintainer of the proftpd package in Debian.
> >

> I'm still not completely happy of the status of proftpd in squeeze, it requires some serious fixes
> for some upstream bugs before release. So, please don't use that backport.

Thank you for your feedback! I'm removing it from mentors.d.n. We use
it on our site, as we need some of the features (mod_sftp) added.
Would it be 'feasible'/possible to do a backport for lenny when it in
a realeasable state for squeeze?

Thanks for your fast reply on this
Bests
Salvatore