Re: xrdp backport from Squeeze to Lenny

On Wed 11 Aug 2010, 22:24 +0100, Clive Standbridge wrote:
> I'm not sure that the xrdp in lenny is to blame.
>
> I have a lenny machine running xrdp 0.4.0~dfsg-9 and often connect
> from a Vista Home Premium client.
>
> Maybe it's a configuration problem.

I have tested it from multiple machines. The one I am sitting on right
now is a Windows XP, and even that did not work. I just double-checked.
I have the following Remote Desktop client running here:

mstsc.exe 6.1.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)

So it looks like it is the Windows 7 client here. It came with Windows
Update at some point and we have deployed it all over the place. IIRC
they changed the protocol. You can find the discussion at [1]. They
claim to have fixed it in 0.4.1, but lazy me just took the newest
version from Squeeze.

[1]
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=A47866F933DF804684068A24BF04A9730807497A%40gdrs-exchange.gdrs.com

Ciao.