Re: Empathy in lenny-backports

On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 09:09:09 +0200
Gerfried Fuchs <rhonda@deb.at> wrote:

> 	Hi!
>
> * Andres Salomon <dilinger@queued.net> [2010-07-28 21:31:55 CEST]:
> > On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 19:53:11 +0430
> > Perham <perham.x@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I cannot install empathy from backports repository. this is also
> > > confirmed by another user in debian's IRC channel. I've got no
> > > problem installing other packages. here's the output of "apt-get
> > > -t lenny-backports install  empathy" :
> >
> > Unfortunately, the various gstreamer dependencies cause some
> > headaches.  Have you tried aptitude instead of apt-get?
>
>  Doesn't help, I tried to analyze to find that libgstfarsight0.10-0
> version 0.0.16-1~bpo50+1 depends on libgupnp-1.0-2 (>= 0.12.8) but
> that's not available at all. The backport of gupnp does build
> libgupnp-1.0-3 instead.
>
>  Andres, can you check your dependency chain again with respect to
> that, there seems to be something fishy going on here. :)

You're right, sorry about that; the gupnp upgrade broke farsight deps.
I've rebuilt packages appropriately (including adding some versioned
build-deps to enforce building against the appropriate versions of
gupnp), and it now installs in my chroot. Please go ahead and give it a
try, and let me know how it works!