linux-image-2.6-amd64 depends on unavailable previous version

Hello,

I'm currently running linux-image-2.6.30-bpo.2-amd64 which I'm 99%
sure I installed via `apt-get -t lenny-backports install
linux-image-2.6-amd64`.
It hasn't ever come up for upgrade even with the pin from the
instructions set in my configuration so I thought I'd manually update
with the same command. Doing so gives me the following from apt:

  linux-image-2.6-amd64: Depends: linux-image-2.6.32-bpo.3-amd64 but
it is not installable

It also shows as unavailable on the package description page at:
http://packages.debian.org/lenny-backports/linux-image-2.6-amd64

Is this a bug in the repository or how would I go about upgrading to
the latest bpo amd64 kernel?
Did I just catch the repository in a transitional state?

Thanks for a tip,
Josh