Re: subversion / python-subversion

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 11:44:08PM +0100, Dominic Hargreaves wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 11:36:22AM +0100, Chris Butler wrote:
> > version of python-subversion in backports works fine.. the problem is that
> > installing subversion from backports breaks python-subversion from lenny,
> > and there's nothing there to make apt upgrade one with the other.
>
> That sounds plausible. Probably best to file a bug against subversion
> or python-subversion at the version in sid, so that it can be fixed there
> - since it would presumably be a problem during partial upgrades in the
> future too.

Actually, my initial assessment of the issue was incorrect.

It actually looks like it's to do with having the 1.5 version of the library
still loaded in to a long-running apache process (for mod_dav_svn).  It then
breaks when one of those apache processes tries to run trac. The trac
process attempted to load one of the svn libraries that's not already loaded
by mod_dav_svn. This fails due to a missing symbol, because it tries to use
the already-loaded 1.5 version of the library with the 1.6 lib it's loading.

The problem was fixed by restarting apache. I don't know if it's worth
reporting a bug about this..

--
Chris